Behavioral Health Professionals can perform a wide range of services, advising clients who are suffering from addiction to alcohol, drugs and substances, or who have mental health issues and/or behavioral problems.
Regardless of what specific challenge their client faces, a Behavioral Health Professional will provide treatment and support to help their client in their recovery or modify problematic behaviors. They do this by evaluating their clients’ mental and physical health, addiction or behavior, then work with them and their family to develop strategies to manage problematic behaviors and review established goals.
SKILLSRI PARTNERS HIRING FOR THIS ROLE(CLICK TO APPLY)
COMMON SKILLS NEEDED
- It is important to approach the client with care, as they are dealing with difficult and stressful situations
- Ability to develop and nurture a positive relationship with clients from all walks of life
- Ability to give full attention to client in order to fully understand their struggles and values
- Ability to explain ideas and information in a way that the client can easily understand
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with delicate information and working with clients at various mental states, including those who are angry or in distress
- Psychiatry or Human Services experience
- Master’s degree in social work
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker certification