Registered Nurses (RNs) work as part of a team with physicians/surgeons and Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs), which they supervise. RNs observe and asses patients’ conditions and record their medical histories and symptoms, after which they consult with doctors to establish or contribute to plans for patient care. In addition to gaining an understanding of a patient’s medical history and symptoms, RNs also operate and monitor medical equipment and help perform and analyze diagnostic tests. Before patients leave the medical facility, RNs will coordinate patient care and provide emotional support and education to the patient and their family, explaining how to manage illnesses or injuries and what to do at home after treatment.
SKILLSRI PARTNERS HIRING FOR THIS ROLE(CLICK TO APPLY)
COMMON SKILLS NEEDED
- Must determine when/how to take corrective action based on health status changes of a patient
- Ability to understand concerns and conditions of patients and work with other members of their healthcare team to determine appropriate action
- Clearly explain care instructions to CNAs and to patients (i.e. how to properly take medication at home)
Compassion and Emotional Stability
- Ability to cope with human suffering, trauma, stressful situations, etc.
- Be understanding to patients’ needs and concerns and appropriately address them when caring for the patient
- Ensure patients are receiving correct treatments or medicine at the appropriate times determined by their doctor
- Ability to stand for most of the day
- Ability to perform physical tasks such as lifting and moving patients
- Current RN license in Rhode Island
- Previous nursing experience