*Applications close January 22, 2023 at 11:59pm*
PrepareRI interns learn critical work readiness skills, explore careers and learn about real workplace expectations.
PrepareRI Interns are paid $15.00/hr and can work up to 280 hrs. Earn up to $4,200 during the summer of 2023.
PrepareRI interns are matched with one of SkillsRI’s 180 employer partners.
The PrepareRI High School Internship Program is designed for all student learners regardless of ability, learning style, or career interest. To help students with their application, SkillsRI has coaching services available; please click here to schedule a coaching session.
We are looking for high school students who are highly motivated to learn and want to explore the world of work. Students selected into the program will make $15.00/hour and can earn up to $4,200 during the summer.
If you want to learn more about the program before you apply, we are here to answer questions. Please call SkillsRI at 401-680-5960 and ask for a PrepareRI Recruiter.
Start building your future today through the PrepareRI Internship Program which provides high school students with paid summer experiential learning internships connecting school learning with the world of work.
- Attend a Rhode Island public high school, public charter high school or home school with identified local LEA
- Current junior in high school (2022/2023 school year)
- Parental/Guardian consent to participate
- Rhode Island resident
- Minimum of 16 years of age by March 1, 2023
- Complete online PrepareRI High School Internship Application
- Complete interview with SkillsRI and with employer(s)
- Attend 40-hour paid work-readiness bootcamp scheduled for June 26 – June 30, 2023 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Complete a minimum of 175 hours of work over a 6-week period between July 10 – August 18, 2023
- Have a flexible schedule for work during the summer of 2023
- Eligible to work in the United States