Earn: PrepareRI Interns are paid $11.25/hour and can work up to 240 hours. You could earn college credits and up to $2,700 during summer of 2020.
Learn: PrepareRI Interns learn critical work-readiness skills, and explore careers and learn about real workplace expectations while possibly earning college credits.
Connect: PrepareRI Interns make connections with top RI employers and peers. Get a jump-start on your career and build your resume.
Internship Eligibility Requirements
- Attend Rhode Island public school
- Junior in high school (2019/2020 school year)
- Rhode Island resident
- Minimum of 16 years of age by March 1, 2020
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Parental/Guardian consent to participate
- Complete interview with SkillsRI and/or with employers
- Attend 40-hour work-readiness training scheduled for June 22-26, 2020 or June 29-July 3, 2020 from 8:30am-5:30pm*
- Commit to at least 150 hours of work over a 6-8 week period from June 29-August 21, 2020
- Have a flexible schedule fo work**
*Accommodations for work-readiness training may be made for conflicts with school-sanctioned events but not guaranteed.
**Suggested availability is Monday-Saturday, 6:00am-9:00pm. Employers hosting interns will have varied schedules.
Application and Career Enhancement Resources
What Students Are Saying About PrepareRI
For questions about applying to the program, please contact Skills for Rhode Island’s Future at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401-680-5960