Earn money, learn new skills and connect with Rhode Island’s top employers!
The PrepareRI College Internship Program provides first generation CCRI, RIC and URI college students with paid summer work-based internships connecting higher education learning with career opportunities in their college majors.
College Interns are paid $15 per hour and can work up to 480 hours during the summer of 2020.
College Interns gain critical work-readiness skills and learn about real workplace expectations that align with their college majors.
College Interns have the opportunity to make meaningful connections with industry experts who serve as professional mentors.
|Aurelina Pena, 2019 Intern||Kamal Rai, 2019 Intern
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting full-time, first-generation college students who are interested in a paid summer work-based learning internship.
To be considered, college students must:
• Identify as: A first-generation college student from CCRI, RIC or URI.
• Apply: Complete an online application. Application opens Nov 16, 2020
• Orientation: Attend a mandatory orientation in January or February, 2021.
• Work-Readiness Bootcamp: Attend a 40-hour work-readiness bootcamp in May 2020
• 150 Hours of Work: Work a minimum of 150 hours and maximum of 480 hours.
Questions or Concerns?
For questions about the PrepareRI College Internship Program, please contact Tracy Duffaut at 401-680-5957 or firstname.lastname@example.org