Earn money, learn new skills and connect with Rhode Island’s top employers.
The PrepareRI College Internship Program provides first generation CCRI, RIC and URI college students on track to graduate in May 2021 with paid summer work-based internships connecting higher education learning with career opportunities in their college majors.
College Interns are paid $15 per hour and can work up to 480 hours during the summer of 2020.
College Interns gain critical work-readiness skills and learn about real workplace expectations that align with their college majors.
College Interns have the opportunity to make meaningful connections with industry experts who serve as professional mentors.
Skills for Rhode Island’s Future is recruiting full-time, first-generation college students who are interested in a paid summer work-based learning internship.
To be considered, college students must:
- Identify as: A first-generation college student on track to graduate in May 2021 from CCRI, RIC or URI.
- Apply by December 23, 2019: Complete the online application. Application period is November 11, – December 23, 2019.
- Orientation: Attend a mandatory orientation on January 7 or January 8, 2020.
- Work-Readiness Bootcamp: Attend a 40-hour work-readiness bootcamp from May 18 – May 22, 2020.
- 150 Hours of Work: Work a minimum of 150 hours and maximum of 480 hours.
Questions or Concerns?
For questions about the PrepareRI College Internship Program, please contact Tracy Duffaut at 401-680-5957 or firstname.lastname@example.org